Andy's Girlfriend Has Hairy Armpits


Andys Girlfriend Has Hairy Armpits

Andy’s girlfriend has hairy armpits
The pits of her arms are hairy
And she constantly wears orange
In the car you tell me
That you find it disgusting
What’s wrong with orange I say?
Not that you say, her armpits.
You say you are glad the pits
of my arms are not like
the pits of hers.
I say that you are oppressing me
That my armpits are beginning to feel
Like a fertile site for growth
That I always thought I’d be
With someone more radical.
We drive for an hour in silence.
What’s wrong? I say
You say nothing.
I don’t mean you don’t speak.
I mean Nothing is the word you say
Which means something big is wrong.
Come on I say.
You say, that I’m about to go away
For a month to the Edinburgh fringe
Where all the guys will love hairy armpits
It will be full of Andys and I won’t come back.
That’s why its called the fringe I say
It’s main aim is to cultivate tiny fringes
all over your body.
Silence.
Please come back you say.
Alright, I say, but I’m not taking my razor.
You say you’ve been thinking for an hour
About me saying how I’d always thought
I’d be with someone more radical
and you have decided it was a low blow.
I say it was a blow for you to casually
write off the potential of my armpits,
I say my stubble isn’t a lazy deviation
from my ideal, it’s god damn political.
You say you didn’t realise it was political.
I say well it is.
You say it just looks like pepper.
I say it’s a statement.
A tiny one.
A few milimeters of statement.
You say you always thought
you’d be with someone more radical.


by Anna Beecher. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

JESSICA WRAGG